- Van and truck market down 7.6% in March with 45,048 registrations, rolling year up 6.8% to 295,307.
- Truck registrations up 25.6% at 5,881 in the month, rolling year up 31.1% to 45,807.
- Van registrations down 11.1% to 39,167 units in March, rolling year up 3.9% to 249,500.
UK van and truck registrations: 2012 and % change on 2011
|March||% change||Year-to-date||% change||Rolling year||% change|
“Vans struggled to retain the rate of growth seen in 2011, down 11.1% in March while trucks volumes grew 25.6%, the 18th consecutive monthly rise,” said Paul Everitt, SMMT Chief Executive. “Fuel prices are at the forefront of everyone’s minds, so the efficiency of new vans and trucks will be a key factor in returning the market to stability over the course of 2012.”
CV registrations at March 2012
- Van registrations remained down on 2011 for all months in Q1 2012. March’s total at 39,167 units was down 11.1% with the three months to March down 14.7%. 4X4 Utility-type vans and 2 to 2.5t vans were the exceptions to the general pattern of year-on-year declines.
- Truck demand was robust again in March, the 18th consecutive month of growth. The recent trend for firm growth in 2-axle rigid volumes has continued from September 2011. Recent months have seen growth in artic volumes soften and now fall on the same months last year. At over 18,000, annual artic volumes have doubled from the levels reached in 2010