Over the course of the last 18 months, global vehicle manufacturers have committed over £5.6 billion to UK automotive through new model programmes, facility expansion and R&D projects.
This investment will undoubtedly have a positive impact on UK automotive manufacturing and SMMT is hosting a free webinar on Tuesday 19 June at 10:30 to examine the new opportunities arising, as well as discuss the production outlook going forward.
Chaired by SMMT Chief Executive Paul Everitt, the webinar will review the latest vehicle manufacturing volumes and assess upcoming production plans for the rest of 2012. The webinar will also provide an update on the key issues, trends and developments affecting the UK economy and new vehicle markets as well as the forecasted recovery route over the course of the next two years.
The panel includes:
- Paul Everitt, Chief Executive, SMMT
- Robert Baker, Chief Economist, SMMT
- Ian Henry, Director, AutoAnalysis and author of SMMT’s Production Outlook Report
The plenary programme for the webinar includes:
- Review of the latest 2012 UK production volumes and vehicle manufacturers investments and recent news.
- Overview of the upcoming vehicle manufacturers production plans for the rest of 2012.
- Global economic activity overview and GDP forecast.
- Q&A session with panellists.