Membership allows access to a wide and growing range of knowledge, products, services and expert advice. All employees of member companies are able to access discounted products, specific member services and member only areas of the website. SMMT provides the principal forum for all members to voice their views on the vital issues affecting our industry.
Subject to eligibility and regardless of size or product, any company working in the UK based automotive industry can benefit from SMMT membership.
Members are encouraged to be actively engaged in SMMT activity and in continuous exchange of information, opinions and ideas. This enables it to be truly representative of the automotive industry.
SMMT actively supports members development be offering a range of products and services including support services, business opportunities and market intelligence. For a full range of Member Services products and services please click here.
What does joining SMMT mean for your company?
Promoting the interests of your company
- SMMT provides the principal forum for all members to voice their views on the vital issues affecting our industry.
- SMMT’s technical and environment experts work to influence the shape of forthcoming national and international standards and legislation, taking your concerns into account. For information on the SMMT European and National Type Approval (SENTA) Guide, click here.
- SMMT works to ensure policy makers at national and EU level are aware of the issues and opinions of the UK automotive sector.
- SMMT’s Regulation and Compliance Unit assists members’ own efforts to resolve disputes.
- SMMT is the media voice of the automotive industry.
- Free Industry Forum Health Check to help you eliminate waste and achieve sustainable improvements in quality, cost and delivery.
- Access a wealth of funding opportunities through SMMT’s funding and support guide.
- Save money with automatic discounts and preferential rates on a variety of products and services, such as our publications.
- Meet the right people through meetings, seminars, briefings and the prestigious Annual Dinner.
- Use SMMT vehicle data for business planning, sales performance analysis, targetted regional marketing, fleet benchmarking, web site model lookup.
- Promote your business through participation in an SMMT-organised exhibition, such as the annual CV Show.
- International success: our experts provide a huge source of international knowledge and contacts in new and existing markets and a free monthly bulletin.
- Raise awareness of your products and/or services through our online UK Automotive Supplier Finder (ASF) and UK Motor Industry Directory (MID).
- SMMT’s Automotive Information Services is acknowledged as the most comprehensive, reliable and accurate source of vehicle data on the motor industry.
- Our Economics team will ensure that you are kept abreast of the key economic, market and business drivers shaping the automotive sector in the UK and beyond. They provide free monthly reviews.
- Keeping you informed by liaising with an enormous number of organisations, legislative bodies and government departments.
- Access to the members-only section of the SMMT website, which provides exclusive information on circulars, advice notes, bulletins and other vital documents.
- e-Business and logistics.
- Education and training.
- Technical and vehicle legislation.
- Business Intelligence through analysing SMMT vehicle data.
Improving your financial competitiveness
Creating market opportunities
Enabling fast access to market information
Expert industry support
Expert support is available for: