Developing and retaining skills is vital to the success of the automotive sector and will be a key priority for the industry in 2012. Recent government funding announcements will be important in contributing to the continued growth of automotive companies.
Retaining and Developing Skills – 10:30, Thursday 26 January 2012
Watch TRS video.
Two timely announcements were discussed:
- Skills for Logistics have been granted £4m from government to drive employer investment in skills during the period April 2012 through to March 2014. SfL will be working with SMMT to use this funding to develop skills in the automotive industry. Details here.
- Launch of Talent Retention Solution, a redeployment and recruitment tool, funded by government, designed to match skilled individuals to appropriate jobs and retain skills within manufacturing.
Download: TRS Brochure
Both initiatives are keen to engage with the automotive industry, in particular SME companies operating in the supply chain.
- Paul Everitt, chief executive, SMMT
- Richard Smith, Talent Retention Solution
- Philip Goodwin, Supply Chain Skills Manager, Skills for Logistics
- Mick Jackson, Chief Executive, Skills for Logistics