Vehicle Production and Economic Outlook Webinar
The last six months has seen a multitude of positive announcements from global automotive vehicle manufacturers, which are having a positive impact in the UK’s automotive manufacturing sector.
Over £1.1 billion has been invested in the UK supply chain since January 2012 and more than 9000 jobs have been created, creating enormous growth opportunities.
An overview of this investment was presented by Ian Henry, Director of Auto Analysis and author of SMMT’s Production Outlook Reports in a free webinar that looked at the key issues, trends and developments affecting the UK economy and new emerging automotive markets.
The webinar also looked at the continued recovery route over the remainder 2012 and into 2013, touching on the longer term issues as the economy grows.
- Paul Everitt, Chief Executive, SMMT
- Robert Baker, Chief Economist, SMMT
- Ian Henry, Director, Autoanalysis and author of SMMT’s Production Outlook Report
The webinar covered:
- UK automotive manufacturing volumes to-date, the latest investment news and what to expect over the remainder of 2012.
- Automotive production plans of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the UK and rest of Europe.
- A review of global economic activity in the first six months of 2012, including global GDP forecasts with Robert Baker, SMMT’s Chief Economist.
- Open Q&A with the panel.