SMMT is the UK’s primary source of data on the motor industry and is uniquely placed to help members and industry stakeholders stay one step ahead of the competition in their business planning and forecasting.
- Monthly registrations and automotive manufacturing data
- Reports and Publications – including Motor Industry Facts
- MVRIS new vehicle registrations UK
- Motorparc vehicles in use UK
- Used car sales figures – quarterly UK market data
- New car and van registrations forecast – revised quarterly in January, April, July and October
- European Car and LCV Production Outlook – top-line production outlook volumes and commentary
- Export International Exchange (EIE) – UK Car and Commercial Vehicle Exports
- Production International Exchange (PIE) – UK Car and Commercial Vehicle manufacturing
TO ORDER A REPORT OR REQUEST A BESPOKE DATA SET, E-MAIL DATA@SMMT.CO.UK
MVRIS and Motorparc are run by the Automotive Information Services (AIS) department.
Click here to see case studies of how SMMT data is used by members and other customers.
Other useful links
For government (VCA) CO2 data on cars and vans, see the VCA website at carfueldata.direct.gov.uk/
Click here to see SMMT information on car CO2 emissions (e.g. for vehicles registered before 2000).
DVLA’s “V355“ guidance notes for registering vehicles, PDF version
Government automotive statistics are available on the Department for Transport statistics website.
or VOSA (Vehicle Operators Services Agency): www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/
or VCA (Vehicle Certification Authority): www.dft.gov.uk/vca/
For companies that provide Vehicle Registration Mark lookup (VRM lookup) facilities, see the DVLA web site
For Motorcycle statistics try MCIA (Motorcycle Industry Association) www.mcia.co.uk
For Agricltural vehicles and plant machinary, try AEA (Agricultural Engineers Association) www.aea.uk.com