This Section represents the interests of those SMMT members who manufacture, import, distribute or retail any of the following:
- light trailers (not exceeding 3.5t)
- trailer kits
- towing attachments for vehicles
- trailer components or accessories.
The Section’s remit is:
- to represent members’ interests to the UK government and other relevant organisations
- to consult and inform its members on legislative developments
- to provide technical and market information and business statistics
- to oversee the publication of ‘Towing and the Law’, the SMMT’s guide to the legislation applying to the use of light trailers.
Every member of the Section is entitled to representation at meetings. The Section usually meets four times per year, with additional meetings if necessary. The chairman is elected by the section as a whole.
Section agendas, minutes and other papers are available to all members of SMMT by accessing the restricted area of this site. All correspondence is sent to all section members.
For further information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org