The VMBRWG shall comprise representatives from SMMT members concerned with vehicle body repair. Third parties, including BIS, DfT, VCA, DEFRA etc., may be invited to VMBRWG meetings to discuss specific agenda items.
The VMBRWG will meet a minimum of twice a year, facilitated by the invitation of SMMT.
Additional meetings of the VMBRWG may be convened, if it is deemed necessary by the CLCVTC or HCVTC.
- To advance the best interests of the members of SMMT in any area that affects vehicle body repair.
- To monitor and influence, UK, European and Global vehicle body repair related legislation.
- To monitor and influence, UK, European and International vehicle body repair Standards, including ISO, CEN and BS.
- To represent the viewpoints of SMMT members’ at the respective national and international legislation and standards forums.
- To promote one set of harmonised technical requirements on a global scale whether for legislation or standards, reflecting the needs of the different categories of vehicles and devices whether Original Equipment or After Market.
- To support members in all technical areas concerned with vehicle body repair.
- To provide advice and recommendations to the SMMT technical committees, inclusive of the CLCVTC, HCVTC and Engineering Committee.
- To ensure co-ordination with the UK government departments on vehicle body repair matters.
- To seek the guidance of the SMMT Type Approval Working Group on matters of Type Approval certification and vehicle registration