8-9 October 2019
The automotive industry will gather once again for an annual two-day conference, aimed at setting new standards of quality within the automotive industry.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Quality Management Division (SMMT QMD) invites automotive quality management professionals to attend the second Automotive Quality Management Systems (AQMS) Conference, 8th-9th October 2019, Ettington Chase Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon.
The two day conference aims to raise quality standards in the UK automotive industry through the dissemination of the latest thinking in tools, techniques and philosophies.
The event includes speakers from OEMs, quality certification and accreditation bodies, as well as support organisations and panel discussion and collaborative, practical workshops.
- James S. Bruin, IATF, Chairman
- Senior Quality Manager, Bentley Motors Ltd
- Mike Hawes, SMMT, Chief Executive
- Paul Simpson, ISO TC 176, Chairman
- Senior Quality Professional, VDA
- Peter Shervington, Eversheds Sutherland, Principal Associate
- Niall Kealey, SMMT, IATF Oversight Manager
- Aymeric de Pontbriand, Scortex, CEO
The theme for this year’s conference is Developing Quality Systems for a Changing Landscape of Technological Advances. Presentation topics include:
- Changing product technologies and the impact on the profession – Batteries, motors, power electronics, Connected & autonomous vehicles.
- Changes to manufacturing and supply chain process – Digitalisation, Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Big Data etc.
- Changing consumer trends – impact on the quality profession.
- Case studies and success stories – examples of interesting discoveries or improvements companies have implemented to address current challenges.
- Standards, legal and regulatory changes – IATF, Core tools, VDA, CQI etc.