The Gowling WLG automotive industry group brings together technical excellence in regulatory, corporate, employment, dispute resolution, privacy and intellectual property, real estate, M&A, restructuring, commercial and competition, with clients including leading automotive organisations such as Ford, Magna, Triumph, Volvo, LEVC, JLR, Toyota, VW Mazda, Prodrive, Peugeot, Aston Martin, and GKN.
Gowling WLG is an international law firm with more than 1,400 legal professionals and a presence in Canada, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. Our automotive team is at the forefront of the industry, matching our sector depth with the international reach of our clients.
The COVID-19 pandemic is of course affecting all aspects of the automotive industry, including employment, the supply chain and international trade. In response to this crisis, we have created a global task force to help our clients manage and navigate this increasingly difficult situation and are working with organisations around the world to ensure that they have everything they need to make confident decisions as they tackle what seems like the impossible.
As well as giving direct advice to automotive companies, we have created a COVID-19 Hub on our website that is regularly updated with resources, including articles, webinars and podcasts, to help guide organisations through these unprecedented times.
Topics that are particularly relevant for automotive businesses include employment, pension schemes, M&A in uncertain times, job retention schemes, international trade, insurance guidance and cyber security. Please see links to these resources below.
- Gowling WLG COVID-19 Hub
- (Article) – Employment status and pensions: what do you need to know?
- (Article) – Where (and for whom) are the UK M&A opportunities and what can you usefully be doing now?
- (Article) – Pensions: your essential guide to dealing with unprecedented challenges
- (Article) – How can employers discharge their duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of employees who are still working in the workplace?
- (Article) – Directors’ Duties
- (Article) – European Commission publishes guidance on customs issues amid the COVID-19 outbreak
- (Article) – Is your business insured?
- (Article) – Time to be even more cyber aware
- (Webinar) – Job retention scheme: how does updated guidance change the position?
- (Webinar) – Job retention scheme: pensions and benefits issues
- (Webinar) – Legal implications of COVID-19 on your UK business
Stuart Young – Partner and Chair of Automotive Group – firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)20 3636 7968