With less than seven years to go before the UK’s end-of-sale deadline for new petrol and diesel cars and vans, the race is now on to ensure the UK is an exemplar EV market and a manufacturer with a world-class network of charging and hydrogen refueling infrastructure and a competitive EV supply chain and industrial base by 2030.
As the pre-eminent UK event on the electrification of road transport and following the success of its first two editions, SMMT Electrified 2023 provided a high-profile agenda-setting platform to discuss how the industry, stakeholders and government can accelerate the transition to zero emission mobility.
The event brought together over 400 senior representatives from the automotive industry, charging infrastructure, battery supply chain, energy, fleets, logistics, government and consumer groups. Exhibition and branding opportunities are available.
We were delighted to hear from four keynote speakers, alongside panel sessions and speakers including senior executives from vehicle manufacturers, policy makers and a host of experts from the automotive and aligned industries.
- Paving the road to zero: the importance of optimally-designed regulation and supportive policy measures
- Ensuring the UK is a location of choice for EV manufacturing and supply chain
- Moving mountains: overcoming the challenge of decarbonising heavy-duty vehicles
- Prioritising sustainability and circularity to avoid unintended consequences
- Joining the dots in the ecosystem: the symbiosis of EVs, infrastructure and the energy system
- Dr James Widmer, Chief Executive Officer, Advanced Electric Machines
- Julian Hetherington, Director Automotive Transformation, Advanced Propulsion Centre UK
- Dr Christian Marston, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Altilium Metals
- Fergal Harrington-Beatty IEng, Head of Sales, AMTE Power
- Ian Plummer, Commercial Director, Auto Trader (Moderator)
- Dr Evi Petavratzi, Principal Mineral Commodity Expert, British Geological Survey
- Claas Bracklo, Chairman, CharIN
- Yue Jin Tay, Vice President, Circulor
- Jeremy Wrathall, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Cornish Lithium
- Jonathan Wood, Chief Technical Officer, Cummins
- Richard Bruce, Director of Transport, Decarbonisation, Department for Transport
- Tim Harper, Chief Executive, Element 2
- Tom Hurst, UK Country Manager, Fastned
- Stuart Southgate, Director of Sustainability, Environmental and Safety Engineering, Ford of Europe
- Lynn Calder, Chief Executive Officer, INEOS Automotive
- Dr Andy Walker, Technical Marketing Director, Johnson Matthey
- Rachel Fletcher, Director for Regulation and Economics, Octopus Energy
- Michael Hurwitz, Partner: Energy, Mobility & Innovation, PA Consulting (Moderator)
- Peter Feehan, Partner, Pinsent Masons (Moderator)
- Agustín Martín, President and Managing Director, Toyota GB
- Alex Smith, Managing Director, Volkswagen Group UK
- Carl-Magnus Norden, Founder, Volta Trucks
- Justin Macmullan, Principal Policy Adviser, Which?
- Dr Robert Best, Director of Engineering, Wrightbus
Highlights from SMMT Electrified 2023