Building on the success of the inaugural event last year, SMMT Electrified 2022 focused on how industry, stakeholders and government can join forces to accelerate the transition to zero emission mobility.
The event brought together over 400 senior level representatives from automotive, charging infrastructure, battery supply chain, energy, fleets, logistics, government, and consumer groups. Speakers included senior executives from vehicle manufacturers, policy makers and a host of experts from the automotive and aligned industries.
With automotive spearheading the charge towards Net Zero, the agenda for the day comprised of political and industry keynote sessions, panel discussions exploring progress from the perspective of mass market adoption, luxury and commercial vehicles, whilst investigating policy, infrastructure and energy challenges from national and international viewpoints.
- When will infrastructure no longer be a barrier to EV uptake?
- A holistic approach to a successful zero-emission vehicles transition
- How other markets are embracing the zero-emission transition
- Engineered and built in Britain: Realising the industrial vision in the transition to zero
- Trudy Harrison MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport
- Dr. Thomas Becker, Vice President Sustainability and Mobility Strategy, BMW Group
- Dr. Andy Palmer, Executive Vice Chairman and Chief Executive, Switch Mobility
- Colin McKerracher, Head of Advanced Transport, BloombergNEF
- Lars Stenqvist, Executive Vice President of Volvo Group and Head of Volvo Group Trucks Technology
- Hui Zhang, Vice President, NIO Europe
Panel speakers included:
- Fu Bingfeng, Executive Vice Chairman and Secretary General, China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM)
- Asher Bennett, CEO and Founder, Tevva
- Katie Black, Office for Zero Emission Vehicles, Department for Transport
- Lisa Brankin, Managing Director, Ford of Britain and Ireland
- David Butters, Director of E.ON Drive Infrastructure Services UK, E.ON
- John Bozzella, President and Chief Executive Officer, Alliance for Automotive Innovation (Auto Innovators)
- Ian Constance, Chief Executive, Advanced Propulsion Centre
- James Dalton, Director General, General Insurance, Association of British Insurers (ABI)
- Peter Feehan, Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Eddie Flanagan, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau
- Carl Hanson, Group Operations Director, Wincanton
- Dennis Hayter, Vice President – Business Development, Intelligent Energy
- Eric-Mark Huitema, Director General, ACEA
- Alison Jones, Senior Vice President and Group UK Managing Director, Stellantis
- Richard Jones, Managing Director of Motor Finance and Leasing, Lloyds Banking Group
- Amy Marshall, Energy & Utilities Partner, PA Consulting
- Emma Mitchell, Operations’ Director & Company Secretary, SIMI
- Lauren Pamma, Programme Director – Transport, Green Finance Institute
- Paul Philpott, President and Chief Executive, Kia UK
- Ian Plummer, Commercial Director, Auto Trader
- Liane M. Randolph, Chair, California Air Resources Board
- Stuart Sanders, Director, Communications and Product, Toyota GB
- Isobel Sheldon OBE, Chief Strategy Officer, Britishvolt
- Tony Weber, Chief Executive, Australian Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI)
Highlights from SMMT Electrified including recordings of the sessions will soon be available.
For information on the event and future sponsorship opportunities, please contact Seventy Events team by email: email@example.com