Building on the success of the inaugural event last year, SMMT Electrified 2022 will focus on how industry, stakeholders and government can join forces to accelerate the transition to zero emission mobility.
The event will bring together 300 senior level representatives from automotive, charging infrastructure, battery supply chain, energy, fleets, logistics, government, and consumer groups. Speakers will include senior executives from vehicle manufacturers, policy makers and a host of experts from the automotive and aligned industries.
With automotive spearheading the charge towards Net Zero, the agenda for the day will comprise of political and industry keynote sessions, panel discussions exploring progress from the perspective of mass market adoption, luxury and commercial vehicles, whilst investigating policy, infrastructure and energy challenges from national and international viewpoints.
Topics to be covered will include:
- When will infrastructure no longer be a barrier to EV uptake?
- A holistic approach to a successful zero-emission vehicles transition
- How other markets are embracing the zero-emission transition
- Engineered and built in Britain: Realising the industrial vision in the transition to zero
Panel speakers will include:
- Fu Bingfeng, Executive Vice Chairman and Secretary General, China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM)
- Katie Black, Office for Zero Emission Vehicles, Department for Transport
- Lisa Brankin, Managing Director, Ford of Britain and Ireland
- Ian Constance, Chief Executive, Advanced Propulsion Centre
- Eddie Flanagan, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau
- Dennis Hayter, Vice President – Business Development, Intelligent Energy
- Alison Jones, Senior Vice President and Group UK Managing Director, Stellantis
- Lauren Pamma, Programme Director – Transport, Green Finance Institute
- Paul Philpott, President and Chief Executive, Kia UK
- Liane M. Randolph, Chair, California Air Resources Board
- Tony Weber, Chief Executive, Australian Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI)
Tickets for the SMMT Electrified 2022 are available to purchase. SMMT Members are eligible for one complimentary ticket per member organisation (subject to availability). For information on tickets and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Seventy Events team by email: email@example.com
Highlights from SMMT Electrified 2021
Given the global restrictions in relation to COVID-19 and concern for the health and wellbeing of all involved, the SMMT Electrified 2021 was in the format of an online event.
With road transport decarbonisation at the heart of the UK government’s net zero ambitions and the forthcoming UK-hosted COP26 Climate Change Summit in 2021, SMMT Electrified provided a high-profile agenda-setting platform for the automotive industry. The conference is designed to consolidate the sector’s leadership position in the drive to zero, and will bring together industry leaders, government, media and key stakeholders from the energy, fleet and logistics sectors to discuss the latest developments and what is needed to create a sustainable transport system fit for today, and tomorrow.
All the keynote speeches and panel sessions are available to watch below: