For information on future sponsorship opportunities, please contact: email@example.com
Highlights from SMMT Electrified 2021
Given the global restrictions in relation to COVID-19 and concern for the health and wellbeing of all involved, the SMMT Electrified 2021 was in the format of an online event.
With road transport decarbonisation at the heart of the UK government’s net zero ambitions and the forthcoming UK-hosted COP26 Climate Change Summit in 2021, SMMT Electrified will provide a high-profile agenda-setting platform for the automotive industry. The conference is designed to consolidate the sector’s leadership position in the drive to zero, and will bring together industry leaders, government, media and key stakeholders from the energy, fleet and logistics sectors to discuss the latest developments and what is needed to create a sustainable transport system fit for today, and tomorrow.
Keynote speakers included:
- Andreas Krüger, Head of E-Mobility, Volkswagen Passenger Cars
- Rt Hon. Grant Shapps MP, Secretary of State for Transport
- Anneliese Dodds MP, Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Peter Rawlinson, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer, Lucid Motors
- Jonathan Goodman, UK Chief Executive and Head of Global Communications for Polestar
The virtual nature of this year’s event will enable Electrified to reach an even broader audience from our membership and key industry stakeholders.
All the keynote speeches and panel sessions are available to watch here.
The panels looked at:
- Are zero tailpipe emission vehicles the best answer to decarbonisation and Net-Zero?
- Horses for courses – finding the right solution for the right vehicles
- Ensuring the energy system supports an escalated uptake of EVs
- Key enablers in getting consumers on board the journey
- Building a robust and circular value chain to support the escalated production of EVs
- Riding the challenge of decarbonising fleets of commercial and heavy-duty vehicles
- Antonio Balboa, Vice President, Sales and Application for Powertrain Solutions, Robert Bosch
- Patrick Bion, Chief of Product, Arrival
- Isbrand Ho, Managing Director, BYD Europe
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge DBE FREng FRS, Vice Chair of the Climate Change Committee, House of Lords, Climate Change Committee
- Graham Belgum, President West, Switch Mobility
- Ian Cameron, Head of Customer Service and Innovation, UK Power Networks
- Vincente Connolly, UK Sales Director, Scania Great Britain
- Ian Constance, Chief Executive, Advanced Propulsion Centre
- Petr Dolejsi, Mobility and Sustainable Transport Director, European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association
- Prof. David Greenwood, Professor of Advanced Propulsion Systems, WMG – University of Warwick
- Graeme Grieve, Chief Executive Officer, BMW UK
- Steve Gooding, Director, RAC Foundation
- Dr. Michael Hajesch, Managing Director and Chief Executive, IONITY
- Dennis Hayter, Chairman, UK H2 Mobility
- Prof. Neville Jackson, Non-executive Director, Advanced Propulsion Centre; Chairman, RAC Foundation;
- Richard Kenworthy, Managing Director, Toyota Motor Manufacturing UK
- Justin Laney, CEng FIMechE, Partner and General Manager of Central Transport, John Lewis Partnership
- David Maxwell, Battery Technology Specialist, BorgWarner
- Philip New, Chief Executive, Energy Systems Catapult
- Dr. Tim Nicklin, Manager – EV Charging and Energy Management, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. Evangelia Petavratzi, Senior Mineral Commodity Expert, British Geological Survey
- Emma Pinchbeck, Chief Executive, Energy UK
- Ian Plummer, Commercial Director, Auto Trader
- Anandh Rajappa, Director – Growth and Transformation, Manufacturing and Utilities Industry Segment, Tata Consultancy Services, UK and Ireland
- Isobel Sheldon OBE, Chief Strategy Officer, Britishvolt
- Ian Whiting, Commercial Director, UK Battery Industrialisation Centre
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for over 50 years. TCS offers a consulting-led, cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of business, technology and engineering services and solutions. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent AgileTM delivery model, recognised as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
A part of the Tata group, India’s largest multinational business group, TCS has over 469,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $22 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020 and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India.
TCS’ proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com
For our latest offerings and success stories on Mobility Solutions please visit our dedicated Event Page.
SMMT Electrified International Week
In the lead up to SMMT Electrified, we also hosted SMMT Electrified International Week – a series of virtual events focusing on overseas markets and the opportunities in electrification.