Purpose of the Post:
This is a general office administration role with the opportunity to learn some more technical skills and to learn about the motor industry.
- To assist in the day to day running in all aspects of the MVRIS Operational system and office administration. To produce reports from the database.
- To liaise with members and customers concerning their requirements.
- To develop expertise in areas of the MVRIS and other SMMT services and to help develop those services.
The amount of training required by colleagues to fulfil this role successfully means that the attributes below are quite stringent, even though this is an assistant role.
The ideal candidate will already have been working for 12 months in an office based role and will now be looking for a move that will provide interest, variety of work, a good working environment and the potential for career progression. Candidates must demonstrate the following attributes on their CV and covering letter:
- High level of concentration and accuracy. Numerate and literate. Minimum qualifications: GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English grade C and above. (A levels and degree are not required for this role).
- Good organisation and administration skills. At least 12 months experience of working in an office environment. Reliable and punctual.
- Proven ability to commit to a job – i.e. at least 12 months with one employer. Full career and education history with any gaps explained. Candidates with serial short term employment history need not apply. Candidates must be able to demonstrate positive progression through their employment history e.g. shop job to estate agent to office job.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including MS-Word, MS-Excel, and ideally MS-Access or another database package.
- Proven ability to develop good working relationships with customers. Strong communication skills especially telephone and email. Excellent written and spoken English language required.
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to learn and enthusiasm.
Main duties include:
1. Assist in the day-to-day running of the MVRIS Operational system (and sometimes on Motorparc), including:
- Monitoring levels of disputed registrations and that these are being controlled by MVRIS members (and others who have access)
- Helping resolve “disputes” that are not controlled directly by members (e.g. “Unknown”)
- Helping to set up, review and approve New Model Notifications from members
- Processing paper copies of V55 forms received in the post
2. Assist in the production of MVRIS (and sometimes also Motorparc) reports, including:
- Completing routine reporting (daily, monthly, etc)
- Maintaining up to date files of custom reports, estimates, financial records and raising invoices
- Ensuring that scheduled reports are produced correctly
- If considered appropriate, after being fully trained on the above, also join in the new model checking / coding process and / or dealing with customer enquiries / custom reports
3. Over time, develop one or more areas of expertise within the MVRIS service e.g. disputes, V55 forms, reporting. Take on project work within those areas and to meet / liaise with SMMT staff, members, suppliers and other organisations.
4. Help produce and maintain up-to-date documentation and procedures for the activities within the individual’s responsibilities.
5. Carry out other activities related to the work of the team and wider department as required by the Head of Department.
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after 6 months).
Deadline for Applications:
31 October 2014
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail email@example.com with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.