The UK is a hotbed for automotive innovation with vehicle manufacturers, suppliers and academics working to design, engineer and manufacture ever cleaner, safer and more technologically advanced vehicles.
At next month’s SMMT International Automotive Summit, supported by Motorexpo, a ‘Technology stream’ will explore the prospects for these developments with an expert panel of speakers contributing to: UK as a Centre for Automotive Innovation – this stream is sponsored by KPMG.
Commenting on the importance of debate around UK automotive innovation, John Leech, Automotive Partner, KPMG LLP said, “The UK automotive sector is changing like never before. Rapid emerging market demand contrasts with huge pressures from the Eurozone. Legislation and public opinion is driving a low carbon agenda but connected vehicles and interlinked mobility are of rising importance. The UK supply chain needs to innovate and skills, investment and the commercialisation of research and development are urgent themes for debate.”
Held at Clifford Chance, Canary Wharf, on 13 June the Technology stream will feature contributions from nine experts representing a broad spectrum of the industry. From engineering chiefs at major vehicle manufacturers to experts at the cutting edge of innovation. Speakers include:
- Suzanne Gray, General Manager, BMW i, BMW Group UK
- Toby Peters, CEO, Dearman Engineering Company
- Graham Hoare, Executive Director for Powertrain Engineering, Ford of Europe
- Dr Graham Cooley, CEO, ITM Power
- Dr Graeme Smith, Chief Engineer, Electronics and Control Systems, Ricardo UK
- Ken Gibson, Editor, Motors, The Sun
- Toscan Bennett, Vice President Product Planning, Volvo Car
- Professor Dr Wolfgang Steiger, Director of Future Technologies, VW Group
- Tim Woolmer, CTO, YASA Motors
For more information and to book tickets, go to www.smmt.co.uk/events/summit/
To discuss advertising, exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please contact 0808 178 8818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The event will be held alongside the Canary Wharf Motorexpo, which runs from 10-16 June. To find out more about this year’s Summit, click here.