Tuesday 26 June 2018
SMMT’s tenth International Automotive Summit will provide a unique opportunity for discussion on the opportunities and challenges ahead for UK automotive.
With a host of topical subjects, the Summit will bring together more than 350 delegates from across the industry, government and the international media for a day-long conference in central London.
This year’s speakers
- The Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Transport
- Mike Flewitt, Chief Executive Officer at McLaren Automotive will be providing a keynote speech at the event.
- Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, BMW Group
- Mårten Levenstam, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy and Business Ownership, Volvo Cars
- Penny Todd, UK Customers Supervisor, Ford Motor Company
- Stephan Freismuth, Customs Manager, BMW Group
- His Excellency Koji Tsuruoka, Japanese Ambassador to the UK
- Zhu Qin, Minister and Deputy Head of Mission of the Chinese Embassy in the UK
- Chris Giles, Economics Editor, Financial Times
- Bronwen Maddox, Director, Institute for Government
The Route to 2040
One year into the government’s pledge to end the sale of conventional petrol and diesel engine vehicles by 2040, our panel will review the opportunities and challenges for the industry, looking at vehicle technology, the changing consumer sentiment and the ideal government-industry relationship required to meet this ambitious target.
The UK and Europe
More than two years after the triggering of Article 50 and with our industry navigating a path through Brexit, our panel will reconvene to bring a perspective on the progress of negotiations and Brexit’s longer-term implications.
The UK – An International Perspective
How do our trade partners view the UK, both as an opportunity for direct investment and a potential export market? Our panel will give insights into the views of governments from Europe, North America and Asia.
The Future of Border Logistics
Tariffs, border controls, customs procedures and a host of administrative tasks are set to be revolutionised for both exporters and importers. Our panel of experts will explore the current state of negotiations and likely outcomes from a legal, technical and logistical perspective.
SMMT will also launch the 19th UK Automotive Sustainability Report, the longest standing sector sustainability report.
For any queries or for information on sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com.
Summit 2017 Highlights
SMMT Chief Executive, Mike Hawes used the event to call on government to seek an interim arrangement with the EU that would maintain membership of the single market and customs union until a final agreement on a new relationship with the EU is negotiated and implemented. Read the press release here.