Tuesday 23 June 2020
The SMMT International Automotive Summit Live 2020 was held on Tuesday 23 June. The Summit, now in its twelfth year, has established itself as one of the most high-profile automotive events in the UK. The event brought together more than 600 delegates from across the industry, government and the international media.
Given the global restrictions in relation to COVID-19 and concern for the health and wellbeing of all involved, the Summit was held as an online event. The virtual nature of this year’s event enabled the Summit to reach an even broader audience from our membership and key industry stakeholders.
The condensed 3-hour agenda provided an opportunity to discuss how to scale up manufacturing and international trade, and a forum to analyse the potential for the next decade in the areas of ULEV adoption and future mobility.
Watch the speakers here
Keynote speakers include:
- Nadhim Zahawi MP, Minister for Business and Industry
- Dr. Christian Dahlheim, Head of Group Sales, Volkswagen AG
- Adrian Hallmark Chairman and CEO, Bentley Motors
- Dr. Graham Hoare OBE, Executive Director – Business Transformation & Chairman, Ford of Britain
- Chris Giles, Financial Times Economic Editor, will deliver an economic overview.
- Lucy Powell MP, Shadow Minister for Business and Consumers
The panels looked at:
- Back to Business – Scaling up Manufacturing
- Back to Business – International Trade
- New Frontiers, New Collaborations – What Does the Future of Mobility Mean for Automotive and Related Sectors
- Driver Adoption of ULEVs
- Peter Campbell, Global Motor Industry Correspondent, Financial Times
- Bill Russo, Founder and CEO, Automobility
- Dan Levy, Senior Equity Research Analyst, Credit Suisse
- Liam Butterworth, CEO, GKN Automotive
- Andreas Zachariah, CEO and Co-Founder, Travel Ai
- Michael Granoff, Founder & Managing Partner, Maniv Mobility
- Kyle Rowe, Global Head of Government Partnership, SPIN
- Iana Dreyer, Founder & Chief Editor, Borderlex.eu
- Julian Braithwaite CMG, Ambassador and Permanent Representative, UK Mission to the WTO, UN and Other International Organisations (Geneva)
- Frank Samolis, Co-Chair International Trade Practice Group, Squire Patton Boggs
- Ian Plummer, Commercial Director, Auto Trader
- Sascha Kaehne, Business Director, IVECO
- Glenn Schmidt, VP of Government and External Affairs, BMW Group
- Peter Stephens, Head of UK External and Government Affairs, Nissan Motor GB
For sponsorship enquiries regarding International Automotive Summit 2021 or other SMMT events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org