Tuesday 25 June 2019
The SMMT International Automotive Summit 2019 was held on Tuesday 25 June. The Summit, now in its eleventh year, has established itself as one of the most high-profile automotive events in the UK. The event brought together more than 350 delegates from across the industry, government and the international media for a day-long conference in central London.
The agenda featured industry and government keynotes, as well a number of forward-looking panel discussions addressing key areas of transformation affecting the industry, including the future of low carbon, opportunities and strategies for increasing global trade and transformation of the workplace.
At the Summit, SMMT issued a plea to the UK’s next prime minister to secure a favourable Brexit deal as his number one priority on taking office. The call came as the trade body published a new report highlighting the importance of automotive trade to the UK economy and the high stakes of a ‘no deal’ Brexit. SMMT’s 2019 UK Automotive Trade Report calculates that delays to production caused by friction at the border could add up to £50,000 a minute for the sector.
Key note speakers included:
- Prof. Anand Menon, Director of The UK in a Changing Europe
- Andrew Stephenson MP, Minister for Business Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Dr. Raphael Micha, Vice President Corporate Strategy, Bosch – Bosch keynote presentation
- Chris Giles, Economics Editor, Financial Times
- George Hollingbery MP, Minister of State for Trade Policy at the Department for International Trade
- Joerg Hofmann, Chief Executive, LEVC
- The Rt Hon John McDonnell MP, Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer
For information on tickets and sponsorship opportunities in 2020, please contact Relish Events team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
SMMT International Automotive Summit 2019 highlights
Watch all the keynotes speakers and panels: