Purpose of the Post:
- To support the development, delivery and promotion of SMMT product and services to members and the wider industry.
- To support membership development and execution of recruitment and retention campaigns
- To assist in industry engagement activities including support for marketing and delivery of SMMT events
- To provide administrative support for meetings, projects and membership campaigns
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Background in business / marketing would be ideal but not essential
- Confident and articulate with good communication skills – written and oral
- Highly motivated team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to form excellent working relationship with people.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on different projects to a set plan and deadline
- Very methodical and organised with a keen eye for detail.
- Reliable solid team with strong sense of shared objectives and common goals
- A positive and enthusiastic person who can work well in teams but also independently
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Self starter with a pro-active approach and possesses a strong sense of initiative
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn, be involved and adapt
Main duties include:
- Provide administrative support for the membership team with engagement activities including researching papers & companies, arranging meetings and visits and updating SMMT’s CRM system.
- Support the development and execution of SMMT engagement activities including recruitment and retention campaigns
- Assist in development and deployment of SMMT products and services based on member/market needs
- Assist in marketing and promotion of SMMT products and services to members and wider industry.
- Help maximise members’ usage of SMMT products and services including promotion at relevant committees and project groups.
- Assist in the development and delivery of SMMT events and help promote the SMMT brand and the work we do with industry.
- Provide administrative support for committees, working groups and projects.
- Support the development, maintenance and promotion of SMMT’s ASF database including help desk operations.
- Attend relevant meetings to promote products and services providing demonstrations where required.
- Support other SMMT departments, functions and colleagues in areas such as policy, media and PR.
- Support other projects as required.
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after 6 months).
Deadline for Applications:
30 September 2015
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail email@example.com with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.