SMMT organise a series of regional events throughout the year for UK automotive companies in the North, Midlands and South.
- Tuesday 12 November
Location: Luton Hoo Hotel’s Warren Weir conference centre in Luton, Bedfordshire.
Keynote speaker: Mike Wright- Plant Director, Vauxhall Motors Ltd.
SMMT’s Regional Forum is a full day event – free to members – consisting of a series of seminars, focused on opportunities in the region as well as insights and guidance on preparing for Brexit.
Content includes a range of expert presentations from speakers including a keynote from the region and SMMT Chief Executive, Mike Hawes.
This is a must attend event for those looking to network with key contacts within the UK automotive sector. Roughly 200 delegates from OEMs, tier 1, medium and small suppliers usually attend.
Last Regional Forum (October 2018)
SMMT’s Regional Forum Midlands was held at Pride Park Stadium in Derby.
The SMMT Regional Forum focused on opportunities for UK automotive companies in the Midlands and how different levels of the supply chain were preparing for Brexit. With over 240 delegates from OEMs, tier 1, medium and small suppliers in attendance, as well as 35 SMMT member exhibitors this Regional Forum was the most popular yet.
October 2018 – Slides
- Introduction and welcome – Mike Hawes, CEO, SMMT
- East Midlands focus on automotive – Lindsay Wetton, Senior Programme Manager, D2N2 LEP
- Toyota in the Midlands – Tony Walker, Managing Director, Toyota Motor Europe – London Office and Marvin Cooke, Managing Director, Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Limited
- SMMT update on Brexit – Sydney Nash, Senior Policy Manager, SMMT
- Update on Brexit negotiations – Dr Caroline Fenwick, Head of EU Exit and Trade Team, BEIS
- Preparing for Brexit – Laura Gilmore, Government Relations Director for Europe, Cummins Ltd
- Preparing for Brexit – Dermot Sterne, CCO, Applied Components Technology
- Brexit readiness ‘What are automotive companies doing?’ –Simon Jones, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
To view a list of companies who attended – click here
Highlights from the Regional Forum
- Tuesday 12 November
Regional Networking events offer SMMT members the opportunity to network, build relationships and knowledge share. Free for SMMT members to attend.
- 16 September – Regional Networking South hosted by Caterpillar Marine Power UK Ltd in Wimborne, Dorset
- 10 December – Regional Networking Midlands – hosted by Smithers Rapra & Smithers Pira Limited in Shawbury, Shropshire
To enquire about these events please contact: email@example.com
Future training events
16 September, 10am-2pm – TPM Overview training at Caterpillar Marine Power UK, Dorset