SMMT organise a series of regional events throughout the year for UK automotive companies in the North, Midlands and South.
The SMMT Regional Forums focus on opportunities for UK automotive companies in the North, South and Midlands, as well as insights and guidance on the potential impact of Brexit on the sector.
Content includes a range of expert presentations from speakers who have included Honda, Nissan and Ford in addition to SMMT CEO Mike Hawes.
These are must-attend events for those looking to network with key contacts within the UK automotive sector. Our last event had over 180 delegates in attendance, from OEMs and tier 1s, to medium and small suppliers.
Last Regional Forum (March 2018)
SMMT’s Regional Forum South was held at STEAM, Museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon.
The SMMT Regional Forum focused on opportunities for UK automotive companies in the South of England, with over 180 delegates from OEMs, tier 1, medium and small suppliers in attendance, as well as 26 SMMT member exhibitors.
March 2018 – Slides
- Introduction and welcome – Mike Hawes, CEO, SMMT
- South West focus on automotive – Paddy Bradley, Director, Swindon and Wiltshire LEP
- Production Outlook – Ian Henry, Director, Auto Analysis
- SMMT update on Brexit – Sydney Nash, Senior Policy Manager, SMMT
- Preparing for Brexit – Madeleine Hallward, Director of Government Affairs, Europe, Ford (please email to request slides)
- Preparing for Brexit – Gareth Jones, Managing Director, Pritex Ltd
- Honda in the South West – Darren Gwynne, Head of Procurement and Logistics, Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd
To view a list of companies who attended – click here
Highlights from the Regional Forum
Regional Networking events offer SMMT members the opportunity to network, build relationships and knowledge share. Free for SMMT members to attend.
Regional Networking South
Tuesday, 10 July 2018
16:00 – 18:00
Optional tour of facilities at 15:00
Venue: Magal AWT Ltd
Headley Road East, Woodley, Reading
Regional Networking North
Tuesday, 17 July 2018
16:00 – 18:00
Optional tour of facilities at 15:30
Venue: Peel Ports
Port of Liverpool Head Office
Maritime Centre, Liverpool
- 6 September – Regional Networking North at Calsonic Kansei in Washington
- 6 November – Regional Networking South at Pritex Ltd in Wellington
- 13 December – Regional Networking Midlands at JH Lavender & Company Ltd in West Bromwich