SMMT organise a series of regional events throughout the year for UK automotive companies in the North, Midlands and South.
Regional Forum Midlands (October 2018)
A series of seminars, focused on opportunities in the Midlands as well as insights and guidance on preparing for Brexit.
Content includes a range of expert presentations from speakers including a keynote from Toyota and SMMT Chief Executive, Mike Hawes.
This is a must attend event for those looking to network with key contacts within the UK automotive sector. Over 150 delegates from OEMs, tier 1, medium and small suppliers are expected to attend.
Free to SMMT members.
Last Regional Forum (March 2018)
SMMT’s Regional Forum South was held at STEAM, Museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon.
The SMMT Regional Forum focused on opportunities for UK automotive companies in the South of England, with over 180 delegates from OEMs, tier 1, medium and small suppliers in attendance, as well as 26 SMMT member exhibitors.
March 2018 – Slides
- Introduction and welcome – Mike Hawes, CEO, SMMT
- South West focus on automotive – Paddy Bradley, Director, Swindon and Wiltshire LEP
- Production Outlook – Ian Henry, Director, Auto Analysis
- SMMT update on Brexit – Sydney Nash, Senior Policy Manager, SMMT
- Preparing for Brexit – Madeleine Hallward, Director of Government Affairs, Europe, Ford (please email to request slides)
- Preparing for Brexit – Gareth Jones, Managing Director, Pritex Ltd
- Honda in the South West – Darren Gwynne, Head of Procurement and Logistics, Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd
To view a list of companies who attended – click here
Highlights from the Regional Forum
Regional Networking events offer SMMT members the opportunity to network, build relationships and knowledge share. Free for SMMT members to attend.
- 18 September – Regional Networking North at Calsonic Kansei in Sunderland
- 6 November – Regional Networking South
- 13 December – Regional Networking Midlands
To enquire about these events please contact: email@example.com