With decarbonisation of road transport at the forefront of the COP26 agenda and the UK’s Net-Zero ambition by 2050, SMMT Electrified is the preeminent summit for automotive industry leaders, government and key stakeholders in which to discuss the opportunities and challenges of sustainable mobility.
No one is under any illusion that the Road to Zero is anything but long and winding. The only way to get there is for industry and government to work together to ensure the key obstacles of infrastructure, affordability and consumer incentives are overcome to drive steeper uptake of electrified vehicles. The right policy and investment decisions will also be critical for ensuring the UK remains a leading location for the design, development and manufacturing of electrified vehicles and their components.
By bringing together key players from automotive, charging infrastructure, battery supply chain, energy, fleets, logistics, government and consumer groups, this event will focus on key issues in our quest to make the UK a world leader in sustainable mobility.
The panels will look at:
- Are zero tailpipe emission vehicles the best answer to decarbonisation and Net-Zero?
- Horses for courses – finding the right solution for the right vehicles
- Ensuring the energy system supports an escalated uptake of EVs
- Key enablers in getting consumers on board the journey
- Building a robust and circular value chain to support the escalated production of EVs
- Riding the challenge of decarbonising fleets of commercial and heavy-duty vehicles
SMMT members are eligible for a complimentary ticket and discounted additional tickets. For information on tickets and sponsorship opportunities, please contact events agency team by email firstname.lastname@example.org