Automechanika Birmingham, 5 June 2019
Facilitating automotive buyers and suppliers to build and retain relationships between OEMs, tier ones and the upstream.
Meet the Buyer is the UK automotive sector’s most comprehensive buyer supplier matching event, providing a platform for companies to meet and discuss potential supply opportunities. With the industry going through its biggest transition for a century, SMMT is looking to support as much UK-to-UK business development as possible.
The process involves buyers specifying products or services or supplier criteria such as quality standards, volume capabilities or business locations. SMMT then works with its database to identify suppliers that meet their requirements, putting forward a list of prospects to the buyer. If there is a match, SMMT then invites the supplier to meet them at a one-day event at the Automechanika Birmingham show. Each supplier gets up to 25min meeting with a buyer.
Last year’s event stats:
- Over 350 participants
- Around 400 expressions of interest
- Almost 400 one-to-one meetings
- Over 800 meeting requests made on the day
- 90% positive or neutral meeting outcomes.
Previous buyers include:
- Each business that wishes to meet potential buyers should submit their interest. To do this, create or update your company profile on the SMMT Automotive Supplier Finder directory.
- The expression of interest will launch early next year and will close on 19 April 2019.
- Buyers select their supplier criteria.
- After the 19 April 2019, buyers will review all submissions and make their supplier selections.
- From 19 April until the 5 June, SMMT will send invitations to all selected suppliers.
- Each invited supplier will have to confirm which individuals (up to 2) will represent the company at the Meet the Buyer meeting(s).
- Suppliers will be able to download the event’s app two weeks before the event to view their individual schedule for the day.
The events are facilitated through the team at the SMMT, and give us an opportunity to engage with a targeted portfolio of suppliers.
Head of Manufacturing Partnerships
Meet the Buyer is not just about the potential to meet new suppliers with a good fit for future direct supply to Jaguar Land Rover, but also as a chance to share new ideas
Supply Chain Projects & External Engagement Manager, Production Purchasing
I have now met numerous suppliers that are of interest to Faurecia, not just for today, but also for potential projects in future.
UK Serial Life Purchasing Manager