Facilitating automotive buyers and suppliers to build and retain relationships between OEMs, tier ones and the upstream
Date: 6 June 2018
Location: Automechanika Birmingham, NEC
The UK’s supply chain is growing fast and the opportunity for automotive suppliers to invest in the UK has never been more valuable.
- A staggering £4 billion per annum opportunity for tier one supplier business and £2 billion for upstream suppliers
- Average UK vehicle content has grown from 36% to 44% since to 2011
- Annual UK automotive supplier turnover has increased to an estimated £11.6 billion since 2011
- Vehicle manufacturers are committing long-term to the UK and are increasingly looking to source parts locally
- UK suppliers are providing lower risk options
To support the growth in this sector, SMMT hosts a number of Meet the Buyer events across the year to match suppliers with OEM and tier one buyers through one-to-one meetings.
Having hosted 10 events since 2010, Meet the Buyer has been a huge success and continues to gain considerable demand from both buyers and suppliers to participate year on year.
Current commodity list