Facilitating automotive buyers and suppliers to build and retain relationships between OEMs, tier ones and the upstream
Date: 6 June 2018
Location: Automechanika Birmingham, NEC
The UK’s supply chain is growing fast and the opportunity for automotive suppliers to invest in the UK has never been more valuable.
- A staggering £4 billion per annum opportunity for tier one supplier business and £2 billion for upstream suppliers
- Average UK vehicle content has grown from 36% to 44% since to 2011
- Annual UK automotive supplier turnover has increased to an estimated £11.6 billion since 2011
- Vehicle manufacturers are committing long-term to the UK and are increasingly looking to source parts locally
- UK suppliers are providing lower risk options
To support the growth in this sector, SMMT hosts a number of Meet the Buyer events across the year to match suppliers with OEM and tier one buyers through one-to-one meetings.
Having hosted 10 events since 2010, Meet the Buyer has been a huge success and continues to gain considerable demand from both buyers and suppliers to participate year on year.
The application process
- Body and chassis; Computer hardware, software and systems; Consultancy & service providers and other business services; Electrical and electronics; Engine and powertrain; Factory / production equipment; Interior / exterior trim; Multi area components; New technologies (CAV, EV etc); Processes and tooling; Product engineering, research & development; Raw materials
Specific requests for 2018:
- Aluminium extrusions; Assembly / sequencing servive providers; Body panels; Carbon fibre / composites; Flooring; Internal fixtures; Iron and aluminium cast components; Machined parts; Pressings; Tail-lifts; Welded and fabricated assemblies – *Note: this list is not final and will be updated as more buyers are registered.
- Cars volume (OE); Cars low volume (OE); Cars (aftermarket); Commercial vehicles; Buses & coaches
For buyers and engineers
Express your interest
Our track record
Our last event took place at the Automechanika Birmingham 2017 event, resulting in:
- Over 1000 companies expressed interest to participate
- Over 350 people participating
- 366 one-to-one meetings
- Over 1,000 meeting requests made on the day
- 90% positive or neutral meeting outcomes
- Participated buyers: