Facilitating automotive buyers and suppliers to build and retain relationships between OEMs, tier ones and the upstream
The UK’s supply chain is growing fast and the opportunity for automotive suppliers to invest in the UK has never been more valuable.
- A staggering £4 billion per annum opportunity for tier one supplier business and £2 billion for upstream suppliers
- Average UK vehicle content has grown from 36% to 44% since to 2011
- Annual UK automotive supplier turnover has increased to an estimated £11.6 billion since 2011
- Vehicle manufacturers are committing long-term to the UK and are increasingly looking to source parts locally
- UK suppliers are providing lower risk options
To support the growth in this sector, SMMT hosts a number of Meet the Buyer events across the year to match suppliers with OEM and tier one buyers through one-to-one meetings.
Having hosted 10 events since 2010, Meet the Buyer has been a huge success and continues to gain considerable demand from both buyers and suppliers to participate year on year.
Our track record
Our last event took place at the Automechanika Birmingham 2017 event, resulting in:
- Over 1000 companies expressed interest to participate
- Over 350 people participating
- 366 one-to-one meetings
- Over 1,000 meeting requests made on the day
- 90% positive or neutral meeting outcomes
- Participated buyers:
The application process
For buyers and engineers