In a post-pandemic era, a robust rebound in international automotive trade is key to fostering the world’s recovery and critical in ensuring the worldwide spread of new-generation vehicles and related technologies.
Against a rapidly changing landscape, the inaugural SMMT Global Trade Conference will bring together high-profile speakers to address global and regional trade priorities and explore the growing intersection between trade, environmental and competitiveness objectives.
The virtual nature of this the event will enable Global Trade Conference to reach an even broader audience from our membership, senior global automotive executives, policy makers, trade experts and the media.
Keynote speakers include:
- Adrian Hallmark, Chairman and CEO, Bentley Motors
- Graham Stuart MP, Minister for Exports, Department for International Trade
- The Rt Hon Emily Thornberry MP, Shadow Secretary of State for International Trade
The agenda for the day will cover a myriad of important topics and features a top-level speaker line up, including:
- Dr Anna Jerzewska, Director, Trade & Borders
- Sam Lowe, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for European Reform
- Andrew McCall, Vice President – Government and Community Relations, Ford of Europe
- Vonjy Rajakoba, Managing Director, Robert Bosch UK
- Johann Schmidt, Deputy Director for Trade Policy and Analysis, British Embassy Mexico
The event will comprise of political and industry keynote sessions and engaging panel discussions. Topics to be covered include:
- New Horizons for Automotive Trade: the Indo-Pacific Region
- Building a New European Automotive Partnership: Life after Brexit
- Automotive at a Crossroads: Global Trade, Competitiveness, the Environment and the Supply Chain
- North America: Reforging Motor Trading Ties
SMMT members are eligible for a complimentary ticket to the event. For information on tickets, sponsorship opportunities and to register now for the online event, please contact the events agency team by email: email@example.com