- About the event
- Images and presentations
The automotive conference of 2014
Now in its sixth year, the Summit attracted 200 senior delegates from the automotive industry – MD level, as well as directors of marketing, corporate and public affairs, engineering, assembly, sales, planning and operations.
The day included:
An industry keynote speech from Ian Harnett, Director of Purchasing, Jaguar Land Rover and an address by the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Dr Vince Cable MP.
The conference then broke into two streams in the afternoon, covering:
- The potential for vehicle manufacturers to use new technologies, connectivity and data to enhance their products.
- How technology is enhancing and not replacing the retail experience – but how that, in turn, is changing the nature of dealerships.
There was a session investigating the skills needs of the industry, with particular focus on developing existing talent and leadership.
- Richard Bruges, CEO, Productiv
- Graeme Carver, CEO, Motorexpo
- Georg Ell, Country Director, UK and Ireland, Tesla Motors
- Henry Foy, Motor Industry Correspondent, Financial Times
- Chas Hallett, Brand Editor, Autocar
- Jerry Hardcastle OBE, VP Technical Centre Europe, Nissan Europe
- Kevin E Layden, Global Director of Electrified Powertrain Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- John Leech, UK Head of Automotive, KPMG LLP
- Frank Meijer, Head of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle, Hyundai Motor Europe
- Stuart Moran, UK Head of Automotive, Siemens Industry
- Tony Pixton, CEO, Advanced Propulsion Centre
- Adam Pumfrey, Chief Operating Officer, Courland International
- Nick Ratcliffe, Head of Marketing, Audi UK
- Rob Rickell, SVP Engineering, GKN Driveline
- Adam Singer, Chairman, British Screen Advisory Council
- Ian Webber, Head of Automotive, Microsoft
- Dr Tim Woolmer, CTO, YASA Motors
The event was be chaired by the broadcaster Justin Webb. Click through to see the full agenda and speaker list.
Many thanks to our event supporters:
Click through for the speeches and presentations from the 2014 SMMT International Automotive Summit.