Competitive advantage through manufacturing excellence
SMMT Industry Forum (IF) is part of the SMMT group offering manufacturing improvement services. For over 18 years IF has helped companies compete, often globally, through business improvement and change. This is achieved by transforming inefficient processes; improving knowledge and skills; accelerating product development; increasing manufacturing capacity; and reducing costs.
IF’s integrated team of practitioners and consultants offer extensive specialist sector experience and knowledge drawn from their employment within industry. This enables IF to provide relevant expertise and practical application to its clients.
SMMT Members benefit from a 10% discount on standard Industry Forum prices.
Industry Forum can…
- Work within the client’s team and deliver sustainable change that lasts.
- Reduce losses from unnecessary waste.
- Help sites optimise their layout and control resources.
- Streamline supply chains to add bottom line value.
- Deliver significant financial improvements.
IF is recognised by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) as the only UK based organisation approved to train, evaluate and qualify third party certification body auditors in ISO/TS16949:2009, and has the sole UK license for the Japanese Institute for Plant Maintenance (JIPM) to administer its TPM® Excellence Award.
Efficiency and clarity across your critical operations
Step-change business improvement starts with a best-fit solution strategy; one size does not fit all. IF works with its clients to determine their priorities, creating a bespoke, realistic programme to deliver precisely what they need. By combining definitive operational data with best practice conventions, we engineer improvement across your manufacturing operations with speed and efficiency.
Engaging with your team at every level IF has capacity to apply four modes of intervention to critical areas of manufacturing. IF can provide:
- Consulting – Expert direction, advice, recommendation, insight, leadership or specialist knowledge to help clients become more successful.
- Interim Resource– Experienced, capable resource to implement change, get the job done or cover a mid-term gap.
- Skills Development – Learning programmes to enhance employee skills, knowledge and competences through structured coaching and courses.
- Audit & Assessment– Feedback and recommended actions to help clients gain 3rd party certification, meet international performance standards and improve competitiveness
Drawing on its foundations of Lean, Six Sigma and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), SMMT Industry Forum can develop improvement programmes in five areas of expertise.
To contact SMMT Industry Forum please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 717 6600.