SMMT is the country’s primary source of data on the motor industry and is uniquely placed to help members stay one step ahead of the competition in their business planning and forecasting.
- Monthly registrations and automotive manufacturing data – latest and archived figures
- Reports and Publications – including “Motor Industry Facts”
- MVRIS New Vehicle Registrations UK – new registrations reporting service
- Motorparc Vehicles in Use UK – vehicles in use/parc reporting service
- Used car sales figures – quarterly UK market data
- New car and van registrations forecast – revised on a quarterly basis in January, April, July and October
- European Car and LCV Production Outlook – top-line production outlook volumes and commentary
- Export International Exchange (EIE) – UK Car and Commercial Vehicle Exports
- Production International Exchange (PIE) – UK Car and Commercial Vehicle Production
TO ORDER A REPORT OR TO REQUEST A BESPOKE DATA SET, E-MAIL DATA@SMMT.CO.UK
MVRIS and Motorparc are run by the Automotive Information Services (AIS) department.
Click here to see some case studies of how SMMT data is used by our members and other customers.
Other useful links
For government (VCA) CO2 data on cars and vans, see the VCA website at carfueldata.direct.gov.uk/
Click here to see SMMT information on car CO2 emissions (e.g. for vehicles registered before 2000).
DVLA’s “V355“ guidance notes for registering vehicles, PDF version
Government automotive statistics are available on the Department for Transport statistics website.
or VOSA (Vehicle Operators Services Agency): www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/
or VCA (Vehicle Certification Authority): www.dft.gov.uk/vca/
For companies that provide Vehicle Registration Mark lookup (VRM lookup) facilities, see the DVLA web site
For Motorcycle statistics try MCIA (Motorcycle Industry Association) www.mcia.co.uk
For Agricltural vehicles and plant machinary, try AEA (Agricultural Engineers Association) www.aea.uk.com