- May 2003 at 28,293 was the fourth highest May total since 1979
- At 3.6 per cent, growth rate eases from most recent robust pace
- CV registrations for five months to May at 147,636, up 11.2 per cent
- Light CVs up 3.3 per cent in May, 11.7 per cent for the first five months
- Trucks up 6.7 per cent in May and 8.8 per cent for the first five months
- Buses and coaches up 7.4 per cent for month
‘These investment figures show clear confidence in the buoyancy and growth potential of domestic demand, with sustained confidence clear across many sectors of the UK economy,’ said SMMT chief executive Christopher Macgowan. ‘Commercial vehicles are vital business tools and the variety of vans and trucks on offer give firms good commercial solutions to increasingly varied business needs’.