Purpose of the Post:
- To support and assist the promotion of SMMT and the UK automotive industry to ensure a positive public profile through media coverage and events.
- To support the Communications department with media activities and events, as required.
- To monitor and report on SMMT’s media profile and key industry issues trending in the public arena.
- To administer the SMMT Public Affairs Committee.
- Education to degree level or beyond.
- First-class written and verbal English skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities and the ability to forge and maintain relationships.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to team work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A clear understanding of media requirements.
- A clear understanding of SMMT’s role in the industry, and member requirements.
- An understanding of or interest in automotive, the national news agenda and public affairs.
- Basic IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Confidentiality and diplomacy.
Main duties include:
- Administer SMMT’s Public Affairs Committee including the production, coordination and distribution of agendas, meeting papers and minutes.
- Support the Communications and International team in the delivery of media activity and events, including writing press releases and news articles, pitching interviews to media and administrating media attendance at SMMT events.
- Produce SMMT’s weekly newsletter, SMMT Update, identifying and writing news stories for inclusion.
- Assist with the maintenance of smmt.co.uk, particularly with regard to the news and events sections, to profile key SMMT activity through the homepage, to support the Press Officer, Digital.
- Assist with the development and production of regular communications reports and publications specifically, the SMMT Press and PR Guide and Motor Industry Facts booklet.
- Monitor and produce monthly and quarterly reports detailing SMMT’s communications activity, media profile and emerging industry issues.
- Manage SMMT’s online media cuttings portal and daily news bulletin.
- Ensure all SMMT contact lists are maintained and regularly updated.
- Other duties as required.
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after 6 months).
Deadline for Applications:
9 July 2014
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail email@example.com with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.