Nissan Motor Manufacturing will open their doors over two weeks to local secondary schools. The aim of the event is to encourage pupils aged 11 to 13 to take up STEM subjects and choose engineering as a future career path.
Each group will received a behind the scenes tour of the Nissan assembly line, this weill include presentations by engineering graduates working in Body Shop, Trim & Chassis section and the Paint Shop.
The following topics and activities will be covered:
- The importance of engineering to changing technology
- Cars evolving from combustion engines to eletric motors
- A look at the LEAF and EV via DVD presentation
- Examples of enginerring at Nissan
- Audience participation games
Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd
Washington Road,Sunderland, SR5 3NS