Purpose of the Post:
- To promote the UK automotive industry internationally, and to assist UK automotive companies to do business successfully in global markets.
- To provide support for all forms of Communications and International Department activity.
- Ability to understand business needs, and develop relationships
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Sound education including university degree
- Willingness to handle a wide portfolio of duties and ability to prioritise own workload
- Good range of computer skills, particularly word processing, excel spreadsheets
- Flexibility and capacity to respond positively to pressure
- Outgoing and positive personality
- Languages an advantage
Main duties include:
- Building in-depth knowledge of specific overseas markets and/or industry sectors, through market visits and close contacts with government, local industry and trade associations
- Day to day organisation and responsibility for visits to nominated markets and/or exhibitions, events. International travel required. Preparing bids to government for funding to support these activities
- Collection and dissemination of market data/intelligence, including active pursuit of good business leads
- Identification of new membership opportunities for SMMT
- Day-to-day international advice to member companies where appropriate
- Regular member visits and liaison with industry contacts and service providers
- Supporting International Managers in the execution of their projects, both in the UK and overseas. Dealing with enquiries, member outreach, company recruitment for overseas trips, invoicing, and providing on the ground support for members overseas. Liaising with other SMMT department eg Membership to recruit companies for overseas events
- Production of market reports, news features and promotional material for International Department activities. Assist with all marketing aspect of international events. Contributing written articles to member newsletter International Update
- Attendance and presentation at other SMMT committee meetings where required.
- Responsibility for the organisation of the Customs and Tariff working group including event arrangements and minute taking
- Departmental administration duties where required
- Assist with arrangement and speaker outreach for the International Automotive Summit
- Liaising with Communications team on media activities internationally. Arranging interviews with media overseas for SMMT spokespeople
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after 6 months).
Deadline for Applications:
10 July 2015
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail email@example.com with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.