Purpose of the Post:
- Manage and coordinate SMMT’s membership marketing activities in line with company objectives and communication guidelines.
- Develop marketing strategies and campaigns to support membership engagement, retention/ recruitment and wider commercial activities.
- Develop and implement membership marketing plans and projects for new and existing products and services.
- Support development and delivery of SMMT events.
- Marketing or business related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience in all aspects of developing, executing and managing marketing strategies and campaigns with proven track record of success.
- Strong creative outlook with knowledge and experience of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts. Understanding of various mediums and channels for marketing and awareness of latest tools and techniques including e-shots, newsletters, videos and brochures
- Excellent communications and presentation skills – both oral and written to a business audience
- Strong analytical and project management skills – highly organised with a structured approach to project management.
- Highly motivated team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to form good working relationships with people.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on different projects without supervision and deliver results on time and to budget
- Self starter with a pro-active approach who possess a strong sense of initiative and responds well to pressure.
- Reliable and solid team player with a strong sense of shared objectives and common goals
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet. Experience with CRMs and electronic marketing platforms.
Main duties include:
- Manage and coordinate SMMT’s membership marketing activities – working closely with the membership team and with other departments/functions.
- Develop marketing strategies and campaigns to support membership engagement, retention/recruitment and wider commercial activities.
- To support membership recruitment/retention drive, manage and improve lead generation/retention campaigns and measure effectiveness.
- Develop and execute targeted campaigns to support key SMMT events and help maximise engagement opportunities.
- Develop in close cooperation with SMMT Communications and Events colleagues – marketing, promotional and advertising materials (both online and print) to support wider adoption and usage of new and existing products and services.
- Ensure the consistent use of the SMMT brand in all external materials
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activities including results and effectiveness and ensure on time delivery and within budget.
- Coordinate and maintain effective internal communications to ensure all relevant functions are informed of membership marketing activities.
- Attend external events and meetings and where required, represent/present on SMMT activities.
- Support the creation and development of new products and services based on market research and members’ views/requirements.
- Support and lead where required, on the delivery of events, seminars and meetings (such as Open Forum and Meet the Buyer and other events where necessary).
- Working closely with section managers, help create engagement campaigns to ensure greater member satisfaction.
- Provide administrative support for relevant meetings/events, including preparation of agendas, minutes and reports and ensure that agreed actions are implemented.
- Support other projects as required.
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after six months).
Deadline for Applications:
19 February 2016
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.