SMMT is recruiting for a Policy Officer for a 9 Month fixed term contract.
Purpose of the Post:
To monitor, analyse, report and identify suggestions on all policy issues relevant to the automotive industry.
To research and draft reports and consultation responses on current issues in support of SMMT policy development.
To support all aspects of SMMT’s UK and EU political communication and engagement programme
- To deliver on SMMT Business Plan objectives and work programme in delegated PPVL team responsibilities
- Graduate level with previous experience in a public affairs or policy roles
- Strong analytical, presentation and written skills
- Experienced in compiling accurate and reliable briefings and reports as well as delivery of presentations
- Evidence of good time management, job prioritising skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated team player, self-starter, eager to learn and contribute to policy development and relationship management in a small team context
- Knowledge (and ideally experience) of UK and/or European parliamentary and legislative processes
Main duties include:
Policy development and coordination
- To monitor, analyse and provide regular briefings on all relevant political and industry issues for members and across the SMMT
- To write regular policy newsletters and manage their internal and external dissemination
- To support the development of SMMT policy positions, consultation responses and lobbying materials in liaison with members, key SMMT departments and other stakeholders (e.g. CBI, ACEA)
- To attend and support all relevant SMMT committees/sections on policy developments as required
- To assist and support the work and organisation of the Policy Co-ordination Committee
- To support ad hoc research projects and events
- To support all aspects of the planning and delivery of SMMT’s UK and EU political communications programme
- To develop, manage and update SMMT’s political contact database
- To assist in delivering the SMMT party conference programme, All Party Parliamentary Motor Group secretariat and other projects, events and meetings as required
- To liaise with key SMMT political contacts, officials and stakeholders as required
- To support the work of other teams in the department and across SMMT as and when policy input is required
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after six months).
Deadline for Applications:
24 March 2016
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.