Purpose of the Post:
- To carry out Microsoft SQL Server database processing, reporting and administration for automotive databases, including “Motorparc” (vehicles in use), “Anonymised” (new, used and vehicles in use) and MOT data.
- To create and run reports for customers and stakeholders.
- To carry out linking of SMMT data to other data sets, including DVLA model codes and insurance group rating (Thatcham / code44).
- To develop new reporting services and help generate additional income.
- To build and maintain knowledge of the underlying data and processes and to create/maintain documentation accordingly.
- To develop an understanding of the business requirements behind the databases and reports.
- To help improve SMMT data processes and efficiency through technical innovation.
- To help identify and meet future requirements for automotive data by keeping in touch with other SMMT departments (especially Public Policy and Vehicle Legislation) and external organisations and stakeholders.
- Please note that the this role requires good technical skills, especially Microsoft SQL Server, but also involves strong interpersonal and team working skills and a certain amount of general business administration, as well as helping out with day to day running of the department and company.
- Strong data analysis and processing skills.
- Proven experience of Microsoft SQL Server. Ability to work with complex databases, to write new complex queries and to understand and adapt existing SQL scripts and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including MS-Word, MS-Excel, and ideally MS-Access.
- Strong team player with good customer facing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- High level of concentration and accuracy.
- Initiative, ability to learn and enthusiasm, self-starter.
- Aware of the need to maintain the confidentiality of personal data and commercially sensitive information and comply with contractual requirements.
Main duties include:
- Carry out monthly, quarterly and annual take-on of external data sets.
- Database administration and housekeeping.
- To receive and process enquiries and orders for data from customers and other stakeholders and to carry these through to invoicing and order renewal.
- Carry out weekly vehicle model coding / linking e.g. DVLA codes and insurance group rating (Thatcham / code44).
- To liaise with the SMMT accounts department on customer invoicing and related financial matters.
- To help ensure the security and integrity of the databases and compliance with SMMT policies and supplier contract(s).
- To help develop, document and improve the database take-on and reporting processes.
- To evaluate and integrate other information sets into SMMT systems as required.
- To assist in the day to day running of the department and company.
- To carry out other duties as directed by the line manager and/or head of department
Salary and benefits package:
The package includes private medical insurance, company pension scheme, flexi time, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, interest free season ticket loan (after six months).
Deadline for Applications:
4 July 2016
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter quoting your salary expectations.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place and the position offered before this date if a suitable candidate is found.