- Best of British companies to exhibit at largest international exhibition for the electric vehicle sector.
- UK pavilion to demonstrate British tech and innovation. Grant-funding available to help companies cover costs of attending an international trade show.
- Grant-funding available to help companies cover costs of attending an international trade show.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) is inviting UK companies to exhibit at the largest international exhibition for the electric vehicle sector. SMMT is organising a UK pavilion demonstrating the best of British technology and innovation at the 31st International Electric Vehicle Symposium & Exhibition (EVS 31) in Kobe, Japan from September 30 to October 2 2018. In a first for EVS, the 2018 event will also highlight artificial intelligence (AI) and connected technologies.
The UK pavilion will enable UK companies to exhibit their latest technology and research under a consistent “British” brand to international event delegates, which will include government officials, media, researchers and potential customers. Exhibitors on the UK pavilion could also benefit from the expertise and contacts of the SMMT’s International team as well as a £2,500 Government grant to help cover the cost of exhibiting.1
As well as the exhibition, delegates are welcome to attend the conference, which will include panel discussions and technical sessions around electric vehicles, artificial intelligence and connected technologies. Those exhibiting with SMMT can also benefit from half price conference tickets, making the opportunity even more cost-effective.2
SMMT supports companies interested in growing international business in these areas by managing the administrative elements of exhibiting at EVS 31. This can be especially helpful to companies who have limited experience in overseas trade shows and can maximise their effectiveness.
Mike Hawes, SMMT Chief Executive, said,
As one of the largest international EV exhibitions, EVS 31 is an ideal platform for British companies to get in front of the global market. The UK automotive industry is renowned for its leading edge innovation and our expertise is highly sought after internationally. With the support of SMMT and exhibiting on the UK pavilion under the British brand, companies can feel confident they will get the most out of this excellent opportunity.
Notes to editors
- Department for International Trade (DIT) Tradeshow Access Programme (TAP) grant: £2,500 – for more information and to see if you are eligible please contact the SMMT International team firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMMT have a limited number of tickets available on a first come first served basis: register here.