The purpose of the Car Section Aftersales Working Group (CSAWG) is to address industry wide issues related to Aftersales within the franchised network, under the overall control of the SMMT Car Section.
The working group is made up of nominated representatives from SMMT Car Section and meets on an ad-hoc basis at the invitation of SMMT.
CSAWG areas of activity include
• Image and profile of the franchised dealer network
• Market study of public perceptions
• Regulatory and Policy Issues
• Planned changes to MOT regime; other regulatory and policy updates
• Oversight of the activities of specialist working groups notable the Safety Recall Working Group
• Economic Updates and Market intelligence
• The Motor Ombudsman updates
• Developments within the Service and Repair code of conduct