The UK Logistics Forum reviews the needs of the industry and promotes actions to assist all aspects of e-Business and supply chain management deployment. The committee also functions to coordinate UK representation to Odette, the organisation responsible for establishing industry wide standards in logistics and e-business.
The group has recently been the catalyst in establishing European-wide standard practices for CO2 reporting through Odette. If there are any issues you believe outstanding, or requiring collaboration and input from a variety of companies, please feel free to suggest this as a future project.
Principal areas of discussion:
- Supply Chain Management – For example: Import Control Systems, CKD packaging, CO2 reporting and management, skills etc
- e-Business communications – EDI message standards, labelling ITC technical
Current projects or issues of interest include (but not limited to):
- CO2 reporting and management for logistics
- CV trailer heights, Cabotage and Eurovignette
- Skills for logistics
- Rail networks: Product movement around Europe
- Transport optimisation (parts and vehicle delivery)
- Supplier collaboration (shared transport, shared warehousing etc)
- Supply chain risk management (SCRM)
The committee also coordinates UK representation in the Odette and ENX programs.
Click through for details on joining the UK Logistics Forum committee.